36 years old
Who I am, relationships, personal goals, long-term assets
- Thought-leader that is recognized.
- Active YouTuber or podcaster.
- Married and building a small family.
- Working on a small, but tight knit team.
- Side project like lolcommits.com
- Well dressed, good wardrobe
- Living in a city different than San Francisco. Maybe: Boston, NYC, Washington DC or Seattle?
Habits, routines, day-to-day
- Frequently writing.
- Working out, hitting the gym, running, yoga.
- Morning routine, relaxing & energizing ritual
- Spending time with a deliberate 5 people. (“You’re the average of the 5 people you spend the most amount of time with”).
- Expanding my network, meeting down to earth people who are doing interesting things.
Knowledge & Experience
- Technology: Coding, Building Products, etc.
- Support: Working with unhappy customers, making customers feel taken care of.
- Writing: Blog posts, quora, etc.
- Video and Audio Production
What Drives Me
Principles and quotes
- Improving something every day. “What did I accomplish today” → always have one good answer.
- Leave something better than you find it.
- Being an expert, being knowledgeable, having people look to me for expertise.
- Accomplishing things I think are impossible
- Counterbalancing: strengths can be weaknesses and weakness can be strengths.
- Understanding that most people have good intentions in most situations.
- Act as an individual contributor
- Writing software
- Writing articles, blog posts, etc.
- Customer Support
- Leading technical teams
Building Businesses (lessons learned the hard way)
- Scaling processes (the wrong way and the right way)
- Hiring (job descriptions, responsibilities, etc.)
- Strategic thinking & tactical thinking
- Winging it.
- Organizing chaos.